2013년 3월 25일 월요일

Common App Essay 1


           Waves after waves, I found myself being sucked in to the sea. With each wave, the sand beneath my feat dissipated and I lost my stance. With each wave, my body was pushed backwards, further into the murky ocean. Saltiness filled my mouth as I tried to call for help, and the ensuing wave toppled me over, putting all my efforts in vain. Wave after wave, I felt death approaching me.
           How many more minutes passed, I did not know. But just the effort to stay above the water, to breathe, to intake oxygen was getting harder and harder. My limbs were going limp, and for the hundredth time I was toppled over. Then a firm hand grabbed, my hair and pushed me up. I've never seen this man before, but for a moment, he looked so close to me. Then he started shouting, his voice almost inedible from the sound of waves.

        Many years has passed from then. I am no longer a twelve year old, but rather a big thick eighteen year old. Each day I feel myself aging more and more. I hold much more power over myself 


"Do not stand up when the wave is coming back!"

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기